Get a storage quote
Call 01822 258826
Hints and Tips
1. Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Allow for walk-ways.
2. List contents of boxes on all four sides and number the boxes.
3. Make up an inventory of your stored items by number and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
4. CAUTION: Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
5. Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure your boxes are strong enough. It is best not to put too much in each box.)
6. Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
7. Dishes and glass should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack item on top.
9. Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, marked "FRAGILE" and stacked end up.
10. Furniture drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knickknacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in table cloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
11. Larger appliances make excellent "packing cases" for blankets, towels, table cloths and clothes.
12. Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
14. Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save space. Always place a protective cover under the item on the floor. Cushions should be wrapped in plastic and placed on top.
15. Cover stuffed furniture with plastic to protect against dust.
16. If you stand mattresses on their side, "prop" them up so they stand straight. (they may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.) It is best to store mattresses flat on top of stacked boxes or furniture.
17. Do not store perishable items (flour, potatoes, candy, etc.)
19. Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
20. Always use a good quality lock on your door.